Meat sauce that aligns with perfection includes both Italian sausage and beef (any type). The homemade sauce recipe below needs commonly used ingredients.
You may feature it on spaghetti or in lasagna as you like, as it would deliver fantastic taste to your buds in any way. Moreover, the preparation time isn’t too much to bore the hell out of you.
So, let’s steal a scoop of it!
Meat Sauce Recipe from the Top
Here’s how to make the homemade toothsome spaghetti sauce from scratch:
Ingredients that You’d Need
- 1 pound ground beef (use whatever suits you; chicken, turkey, ground pork, or venison) with 1 pound ground Italian sausage.
- 1 can or 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can or 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 can or 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped onion (medium-sized)
- 4 cloves garlic minced (you can add more according to your taste)
- 1 ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp crushed sugar or to taste (omit it out if preferred)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Salt, ½ tsp black pepper (or add these seasoning matchable to your taste)
- Heat a Dutch oven or sizeable saucepan on medium to high flame.
- Subsequently, add beef, onion, and sausage and cook for 5 minutes, till chiefly browned. Drain if preferred.
- Add in garlic and stir for some time (about 30 seconds) or until scented.
- Then, add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, bay leaf, sugar, fennel seeds, and Italian seasoning. Let these ingredients simmer for a good time (about 30 minutes) without covering. Stir from time to time.
- Season with black pepper and salt and turn off the flame.
NOTE: This recipe yields 16 servings or two quarts of meat sauce.
Meat Sauce Nutrition Chart
Here’s the nutrition chart for the above-stated meat sauce recipe:
Besides adding meat to this delectable sauce, there are multiple variations to try. For instance, if you don’t like meat, add its replacement.
Moreover, you can keep the taste to your likings without no adding jar sauces.